Ballet comes to Urban Ashram Yoga through BalletWorks!
BalletWorks is a dance and movement studio, and they are thrilled to share their love for dance and wellness with Urban Yogis. BalletWorks believes that dance is for everybody. They foster a community of dance, fitness, and wellness enthusiasts sharing the same passion for the art of ballet. The environment is inclusive, upbeat, and nurturing. Through their classes, you will build physical strength and stamina, learn proper dance and movement technique, hone your creativity and intuition, develop confidence, and maintain overall mind/body well-being. Ballet works.
Kids’ Ballet is a fun and active class is open to girls and boys from ages five to eight years. Please come in either yoga clothes or tights and leotards. Bring ballet shoes or socks for comfortable and safe dancing.
About BalletWorks Teachers
BalletWorks has a passion for excellence and continuous learning. Their teachers are certified and registered, artistic and knowledgeable in their craft. They are energetic, enthusiastic, caring, and nurturing.
- encourage learners to remain steadfast in their journey as dancers and in the pursuit of their personal goals
- promote discipline, self-motivation, and active involvement in one’s personal development, enabling learners to take accountability for their progress as thinking and creative dancers
- provide appropriate and effective feedback, thereby facilitating learners’ growth and appreciation of their progress
- offer informed support for learners’ safe practice and holistic development
- observe the principles of fairness, equality and professionalism in all dealings with students, colleagues, teachers and members of the public, ensuring that everyone is always treated with dignity and respect
About the Cecchetti and RAD Ballet Methods
BalletWorks’ teachers are trained in both the Cecchetti and Royal Academy of Dance (RAD) methods. Both methods offer a comprehensive and rigorous syllabus ranging from Pre-Primary, all the way to the Advanced and Vocational levels. While not compulsory, students may be trained to take graded examinations with qualified examiners from the Cecchetti and RAD organizations. Students who successfully complete exams are awarded certificates by these organizations.