Are you ready to transform your life? The YogaWorks foundational 200-hour program will advance your practice, take you deeper into the many layers of yoga, build your confidence and help find your voice. Not to mention you will go deep, have a lot of fun and make lifelong friends. This program is designed for both those wanting to deepen their practice and for aspiring teachers.
The 200-Hour Teacher Training curriculum includes:
• Advanced study of asana (proper alignment, benefits and potential risks)
• Principles of anatomy
• Science and art of sequencing
• Hands-on adjustments
• How to observe bodies
• Informed use of props to improve or modify a posture
• Cultivating your voice
• Confidence-building through practice teaching
• Yoga history and philosophy
• Sanskrit names of postures
• The Business of Yoga
What makes YogaWorks Teacher Training unique?
• Lineage & Experience: We’ve refined our comprehensive curriculum over 25 years.
• Intelligent Sequencing: Learn the art and science of designing and delivering a safe, dynamic class.
• Learn to truly teach: Our program isn’t about memorizing and reciting sequences. Instead an emphasis is placed on teaching principles for clearly instructing students bodies into alignment.
• Find Yourself: We give you the space and opportunity to find your own teaching style.
• Global Recognition: With a legacy that includes today’s yoga leaders and over 10,000 alumni, YogaWorks teacher training is respected worldwide. Celebrated alumni include: Seane Corn, Shiva Rea, Annie Carpenter, Natasha Rizopoulos, Vinnie Marino, Kathryn Budig and many more.
• Yoga Alliance 5-star rated accredited training school
$2,500 if paid in full by July 2, 2018
$2,800 if paid in full by August 28, 2018
$3,000 after August 28, 2018
Tuition must be paid in full by the early registration date to receive the discounted rate.
Payment Plans available off the full price plus a $50 admin fee (full tuition must be received two weeks before start date). Contact YogaWorks for more details.
Use promo code MANILA500 and save $500! Register here.
David’s yoga study began back in New York City at Jivamukti in a pre-gentrified section of the lower east side with Sharon Gannon and David Life. After a move to Los Angeles after his 30th birthday (there isn’t enough time to get into why and how this happened), David spent many an early morning and heated afternoon studying Ashtanga with his mentors and primary guides into the glorious world of yoga, Chuck Miller and Maty Ezraty. After foolishly rejecting Maty’s encouragement to enter TT for several years, David succumbed to the call of heart and soul and completed his Teacher Training and apprenticeship with Annie Carpenter and Lisa Walford.
David is now a YogaWorks trained Senior E-RYT 500-hour with over a decade of teaching and teacher training experience both domestically and internationally. In his teaching, David tries to bring the five sheaths of the body: the anatomical, the physiological, the mental, the intellectual and the spiritual into a harmonious, creative and humorous whole.
David’s vinyasa classes are challenging, yet compassionate, playful and probing poetic journeys into a deeper understanding of the 3 things that matter in life: “how much you loved, how gently you lived and how gracefully you let go of things not meant for you.”
Learn more about David here.