Are you ready to transform your life? The YogaWorks foundational 200-hour program will advance your practice, take you deeper into the many layers of yoga, build your confidence and help find your voice. Not to mention you will go deep, have a lot of fun and make lifelong friends. This program is designed for both those wanting to deepen their practice and for aspiring teachers.
The 200-Hour Teacher Training curriculum includes:
• Advanced study of asana (proper alignment, benefits and potential risks)
• Principles of anatomy
• Science and art of sequencing
• Hands-on adjustments
• How to observe bodies
• Informed use of props to improve or modify a posture
• Cultivating your voice
• Confidence-building through practice teaching
• Yoga history and philosophy
• Sanskrit names of postures
• The Business of Yoga
What makes YogaWorks Teacher Training unique?
• Lineage & Experience: We’ve refined our comprehensive curriculum over 25 years.
• Intelligent Sequencing: Learn the art and science of designing and delivering a safe, dynamic class.
• Learn to truly teach: Our program isn’t about memorizing and reciting sequences. Instead an emphasis is placed on teaching principles for clearly instructing students bodies into alignment.
• Find Yourself: We give you the space and opportunity to find your own teaching style.
• Global Recognition: With a legacy that includes today’s yoga leaders and over 10,000 alumni, YogaWorks teacher training is respected worldwide. Celebrated alumni include: Seane Corn, Shiva Rea, Annie Carpenter, Natasha Rizopoulos, Vinnie Marino, Kathryn Budig and many more.
• Yoga Alliance 5-star rated accredited training school
Free YWTT 2019 Information Sessions:
Thinking about teaching yoga? Sign up for free yoga information session to learn more about YogaWorks 200-Hr Teacher Training in May 6-31, 2019 at Urban Ashram Yoga.
We’re hosting first free information session Sunday 16th December!
9:30am – 10:00am | Urban Ashram Yoga in BGC
With Amanda Zabat
During the information session Amanda will lead you through course description and schedule as well as answer any questions you may have about the teacher training.
The morning will end with a free yoga class for all levels, led by Amanda Zabat one of our teacher training ambassadors and a graduate of YogaWorks Teacher Training Program.
Interested, sign up for free here.
Learn more about YWTT online press here.
More information Sessions in 2019:
1. January 27, Sunday at 1:30pm before Yoga Exploration (YES) Workshop Topic: Arm Balances
with Ron Habla
2. February 2, Saturday 10:00am after free FNR Class:
with Ron Habla
3. March 10, Sunday 1:30pm before Basic Yoga Course (BYC) Topic: Sun Salutes
with Mel Torre
$2,500 USD when you pay in full by February 1, 2019
$2,800 USD when you pay in full by April 1, 2019
$3,000 USD after April 1, 2019
Tuition must be paid in full by the early registration date to receive the discounted rate.
Payment Plans available off the full price plus a $50 admin fee (50% of tuition must be received two weeks before start date). Contact us for more details.
Students will receive 12 free classes at Urban Ashram Yoga for the duration of the training.
Jennie Cohen, E-RYT 500, started teaching in New York in 2006, and now teaches classes, privates, workshops, and teacher trainings internationally. After completing her 500-hour training with YogaWorks, she pursued further anatomy studies with Irene Dowd, Leslie Kaminoff and Gil Hedley and added therapy ball self-massage and restorative yoga to her teaching repertoire.
Jennie’s teaching melds intellectual fervor with a lifelong love of dance and movement to create an experience that is both informative and transformative. Her teachings emphasize precise instruction and focused sequencing. Jennie’s parents are also relieved that her college degree in comparative literature is actually being put to good use, as her ongoing study of the texts that form yoga’s philosophical foundation infuse her teaching. For more information about Jennie Cohen visit jenniecohenyoga.com
Learn more about Jennie here.
For expression of interest, email firstname.lastname@example.org.